First Parish church wayland, MA
Gathered in 1640 in what was then known as Sudbury Plantation, First Parish Church in Wayland has changed over time both in theology and structure, with the present building, dedicated in 1814, succeeding four earlier meeting houses. The handsome structure was built in close conformance to a design by noted American builder-architect Asher Benjamin.
In 2011 the church enlisted our firm to develop a master plan to guide the growth and future programmatic uses of the campus. After performance of a comprehensive building assessment, we directed programming exercises that informed conceptual design for essential physical improvements including the renovation of the religious education building and the design and construction of a sympathetic connector joining it to the church. Construction was completed in October, 2013, and dedication of the new space took place the following month.