Easton Town Offices Easton, MA
Originally constructed in 1912, the former ‘Wayside Estate’ was designed by Guy Lowell – a prominent architect and proponent of the Colonial Revival. After less than five decades serving as a private residence, the mansion and its grounds were donated to the Town of Easton in 1960. The building was subsequently adapted for use as municipal offices and still serves in this role today.
Our firm was engaged by the Town of Easton in late 2017 to prepare an assessment of the building’s physical condition and treatment recommendations. The resulting report included a brief narrative exploring the building’s history, identification of its character-defining features, an exterior conditions assessment (including a code and zoning analysis), as well as recommendations and cost estimates for its preservation. In 2021, the firm began work on the building’s $2.5M exterior restoration, much of which includes window restoration, slate roof repairs, and woodwork replacement in addition to accessibility improvements to the building’s primary entry.